Gname jumps a spot on the total domains under management chart.
ICANN has published the latest official data from Verisign (NASDAQ: VRSN) about the .com namespace. This registrar-by-registrar report covers May 2023.
Gname continues to surge, passing CentralNic for the #9 spot on the total .com-under-management chart.
Note that the rankings include multiple registrar accreditations within families of registrars. You can see the list at the end of this post.
Here’s how registrars did in terms of new .com registrations in May:
1. GoDaddy.com (NYSE: GDDY) 776,558 (799,939 in April 2023)
2. Namecheap Inc. 299,516 (281,785)
3. Google Inc. (NASDAQ: GOOGL) 234,065 (231,422)
4. Newfold Digital 158,374 (186,042)
5. Tucows (NASDAQ: TCX) 156,274 (155,112)
6. Gname.com 145,097 (165,072)
7. CentralNic 141,450 (102,755)
8. GMO 89,214 (74,168)
9. Alibaba 88,807 (111,377)
10. TurnCommerce 83,228
Here’s the leaderboard of the top registrars in terms of total .com registrations under management as of the end of April. Gname took over CentralNic in May for the #9 spot.
1. GoDaddy 55,863,375 (55,939,965 in April 2023)
2. Newfold Digital 12,733,637 (12,842,673)
3. Tucows 11,211,196 (11,249,936)
4. Namecheap 9,207,956 (9,122,379)
5. Google 6,913,153 (6,796,093)
6. TurnCommerce 6,075,792 (6,108,175)
7. IONOS# 5,506,722 (5,511,469)
8. Alibaba 4,366,133 (4,386,091)
9. Gname 3,866,941 (3,692,471)
10. CentralNic 3,800,616 (3,707,602)
Many domain companies have multiple accreditations, and I’ve tried to capture the largest ones. See the notes below.
- GoDaddy includes GoDaddy, Wild West Domains, Uniregistry, GoDaddy Corporate Domains, and 123 Reg
- Namecheap includes Namecheap and Spaceship
- Tucows includes Tucows, Enom, Ascio and EPAG
- Newfold Digital Includes PDR, Domain.com, FastDomain, Bigrock, Network Solutions, Register.com, MarkMonitor, SnapNames registrars, and Crazy Domains/Dreamscape. There are other Newfold registrars, but these are the biggest.
- TurnCommerce Includes NameBright and DropCatch registrars
- IONOS includes Includes 1&1, PSI, Cronon, United-Domains, Arsys, and world4you
- CentralNic includes Key-Systems, 1API, Internet.bs, TLD Registrar Solutions, RegistryGate, Moniker, Instra
Post link: .Com rankings: Gname moves up a spot
© DomainNameWire.com 2023. This is copyrighted content. Domain Name Wire full-text RSS feeds are made available for personal use only, and may not be published on any site without permission. If you see this message on a website, contact editor (at) domainnamewire.com. Latest domain news at DNW.com: Domain Name Wire.